Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beer trades: What do *I* want?

I wrote earlier about the camping event where friends and I trade beer from other parts of the country, and I listed what they usually ask for and what else I like to bring.

In the immortal words of Mr. Morden from Babylon 5, people ask me, “So what do you want?”

The first beer I request is from Three Floyd’s in Muncie, Ind., and it’s called “Gumball Head.” It’s an IPA and, yes, it tastes like gumballs. My second request is always Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from Great Lakes Brewing in Cleveland, Ohio.

My friend Henry is bringing the Gumball Head.

I’ve commented before on beers that have cool names and turn out to be excellent beers, too. This is a great porter.

The third request is from Michigan, for Founders Breakfast Stout, especially the oak-aged version. Another is the Fat Tire Ale from New Belgium brewing in Colorado.

We do get a lot of beer from across the country on the East Coast, so I don’t need to ask for Stone, Alaska Brewing or many of the other West Coast beers. We get Flying Dog from Colorado, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know your income tax needs. National income taxes will still make you purchase Sociable Stability and Insurance, to suit your needs in addition to any employees you might have on board. Because you are considered an employer, you may decide to pay out much more to your retirement life or medical advantages if you wish. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Hou4445r[/url]